Ultra HD Forum Reaches 46 Members and Announces major presence at NAB 2016
Fremont, California, April 7th 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum continues to grow, reaching 46 members with the recent arrival of key industry leaders from around the world such as Comcast, Fox, JSAT Corp., MovieLabs, Deutsche TV Platform, SKY and Technicolor to name just a few.
The Ultra HD Forum is a global organization defining industry best practices for the introduction of technologies that will facilitate the ultra-high-definition (UHD) viewing experience.
The forum has multiple activities planned for the 2016 NAB Show:
- The NAB Futures Park exhibit (Booth SU16010) during show opening hours, highlighting results of the first Ultra HD Forum “Plug Fest” held on March 30.
- A press conference in LVCC Room N242 on Monday, April 18 at 11 am (announcing the availability of the first industry Guidelines for deploying UHD including live TV and HDR).
- The Ultra HD Masterclass on Wednesday, April 20 from 9 to 11 am in LVCC Room S225. Multiple angles on UHD deployments will be covered with speakers from SKY, Fox and Ericsson among many others.
- A Networking event in association with the DASH Industry Forum on Wednesday, April 20 at the Heart of Omnia nightclub, Caesar’s Palace, from 6:30 to 10:00 pm.
- The Members Face-to-Face meeting (by invitation-only) on Thursday, April 21 from 11 am to 3 pm at LVCC.
About the Ultra HD Forum
Formed in 2015, the Ultra HD Forum is the global organization responsible for promoting market adoption of Ultra HD by defining industry best practices for the phased introduction of the wide set of technologies facilitating the next-generation television experience. The organization facilitates interoperability testing and collaborates with industry standards bodies to align standard development activities. A list of participating member companies and additional information about the organization is available at https://ultrahdforum.org.