The Ultra HD Forum produces Guidelines to help the industry navigate the complex UHD landscape and focuses on end-to-end workflows from camera to consumer.
The Ultra HD Forum’s mission is thus to accelerate UHD service offerings by providing critical information to service providers and the industry as a whole.
Guidelines are available here for download at no cost, you don’t even need to leave us your email. We would however appreciate any feedback below :o)
UHD Phase A
Phase A Guidelines describes end-to-end processes for creating a linear UHD service using technologies that were commercially available by early 2016 and were first published in early 2016 (Version 1.4 released September 2017), they cover:
- STATIC HDR METADATA SYSTEMS (PQ10 & HLG)
- RESOLUTIONS of 2160p and 1080p+HDR.
- END-TO-END WORKFLOWS
UHD Phase B
UHD Phase B Guidelines, released in April 2018 introduce and de-mystify next gen UHD technologies that service operators identified as being of high interest. They include:
- DYNAMIC HDR METADATA SYSTEMS (Dolby Vision™ & SL-HDR1)
- NEXT GENERATION AUDIO (Dolby® AC-4 Audio & MPEG-H Audio)
- DUAL-LAYER HDR TECHNOLOGIES
- HIGH FRAME RATE (100/120 FPS)
- CONTENT AWARE ENCODING